It’s Monday and I’m feeling a bit too scattered to do a well-thought out post so here’s a whole bunch of random stuff:
- I recently discovered Google Reader. OMG, how did I live without it before? Now, instead of constantly visiting the blogs I like to read just to check to see if there’s a new post, the Reader automatically updates so I know which ones have new content. Do you all use it also? I’m usually pretty behind the times so I’m sure anybody who reads this is rolling their eyes and saying, “really? you just discovered this?”
- Are Mondays this hard for all working moms? I always feel so sad and out-of-sorts on Mondays. You’d think that spending all weekend with Peanut would be enough to send me back to work feeling happy and fulfilled but all it does is make me miss her more when I leave for work on Monday.
- Remember how I posted about doing a sugar/white flour type of cleanse? You know how long that lasted? 1 day. It’s so embarrassing to even admit that but that’s why I’m burying that in the 3rd bullet point and hoping it just gets skimmed over. I’m going to try again though, really.
- You know what else is embarrassing? The fact that whenever I write that word, no matter how many times in my life it’s been (apparently I get embarrassed a lot), I have to go to dictionary.com to check the spelling of it.
- Peanut took about 5 steps this morning! I still don’t think walking is super imminent but at least we’re getting a little closer. Over the weekend, we were at a restaurant seated outdoors and I was walking The Nut around the tables. She let go of my hands and looked like she was going to take some steps on her own. After a lot of hesitation, she took 2 steps toward me and everybody at the tables around us burst into applause. It was literally one of the best moments of my life. Not because of the steps, but because people were actually rooting for my daughter. What an amazing feeling – it almost brought me to tears.
- I need a new hairdo really badly. After I gave birth, a lot of hair fell out and then I started growing new ‘baby’ hair at the temples. It’s now at this weird length so it makes me look like I have wings at the side of my head. It’s not so bad when my hair is down but I almost always have it in a ponytail so it’s really obvious. I guess I have to do some kind of side-swept bangs on both sides or something. Did this hair-loss/weird new hair growth happen to any of you? Please tell me I’m not alone in this!
- I still haven’t done Thank You cards from Peanut’s first birthday. And now she’s 14 1/2 months old. Ugh. I seriously need way more hours in the day.
Well, I’m totally all over the place. Sorry! Hope you’re all having a better Monday than I am!